Mental/emotional reactions can include anger, guilt, anxiety, sadness, depression and despair. Physical reactions can include sleeping problems, changes in appetite, physical problems, or illness.
Examples of signs and symptoms include:
- Feeling sad or down.
- Confused thinking or reduced ability to concentrate.
- Excessive fears or worries, or extreme feelings of guilt.
- Extreme mood changes of highs and lows.
- Withdrawal from friends and activities.
- Significant tiredness, low energy or problems sleeping.